Elite-C Low Profile (rev4) Microcontroller (preorder)
Temporarily out of stock - will be back in stock by January 21st. You may preorder this item now, your order will ship once all preorder items are back in stock.
The Elite C is an alternative to the popular Pro Micro microcontroller often used in split keyboards. It has some important pros over the Pro Micro:
- A through hole mounted USB C port makes it much less prone to breaking than that of the Pro Micro;
- The preinstalled DFU bootloader provides additional protection when flashing the microcontroller;
- Comes with six more I/O pins to work with than the Pro Micro so you'll be able to add many more mods.
The Elite C Low Profile has some important changes and additions when compared to the Elite C rev3:
- The USB C port is now mid-mounted. This shaves off 1.2mm of vertical space, meaning it's 25% thinner than the rev3!
- The VUSB pin is now broken out, meaning it's easier to make modifications that require the use of an external battery or power, like an external USB port or adding bluetooth.
- The reset button is now even lower, to account for the lower footprint of the USB port.
- The blue power LED is now less bright.
You can even use the Elite-C alongside a Pro Micro: Use the Elite-C on the master side of the keyboard, and the Pro Micro on the slave side. This gives you the benefits of both!
- Compatible with all Pro-Micro based PCBs;
- Low profile mid-mounted USB-C port;
- 1.0mm thick makes for a lower profile yet sturdy build;
- ATmega32u4 microcontroller with DFU bootloader;
- 6 additional I/O pins broken out for a total of 23 pins;
- USB pins broken out, including VUSB;
- On-board reset button.
Renders provided by HIDTech.ca.
Frequently asked questions
Question: On a split keyboard, can I use the Elite-C as the master and a Pro Micro as the slave?
Answer: You can! They are compatible with one another. Mind though that the Elite C comes with a different bootloader than the Pro Micro, using DFU instead of Catarina. This means that you'll need to pay attention when flashing it: flash the Elite-C with :dfu, and the Pro Micro with :avrdude.
Question: I tried flashing the Elite-C with the QMK Toolbox, but it won't work. How can I fix that?
Answer: You might need to install drivers, or update your existing ones. Please refer to the QMK documentation on Zadig.