Do you have switches you like, but do you wish they were just a bit lighter or heavier to actuate? Instead of buying new switches, you can change the springs inside of your current switches, giving them characteristics that may be closer to what you're looking for - called "spring swapping" by the community.
Changing the weight of a switch will affect the feel of it. A lighter spring in a tactile switch can make the tactile bump feel more pronounced, while a heavier spring may smooth out the feel a little. The combination between switch, spring and lubricant (or lack thereof) all affect the feel - experiment to find out what you like!
- Weight: Available in weights of 52, 55g, 62g, 63.5g, 65g, 68g and 72g.
- Compatibility: Suitable for use in MX-style switches.
- Material: Manufactured from Korean spring steel.
- Length: Uncompressed length of 16.6mm, compresses up to 4.0mm.
- Warning: Due to the packaging, the springs may be tangled. Carefully swirl the springs apart, and take care not to use force - deformations in the springs in unintended directions can be permanent.
- A package includes 100 springs, and may include extras - they're counted by weight.
- To open switches, you'll need a switch opener.
- These springs cannot be used with low profile switches - they're made for the comparatively taller profile MX switches.