Manfrotto Pocket Tripod
The Manfrotto Pocket Tripod is one of the smallest tripods that the renowned camera equipment company Manfrotto has designed. While they're usually used for cameras, at splitkb.com we found another use for these tiny tripods: they're awesome at tenting your keyboard when used with the tenting puck!
The tripod features three legs with a rubber no-slip coating, which can be independently adjusted and set on any surface. The all-metal structure and the strong springs make this tripod durable and reliable.
This tripod can easily be screwed into the puck with the help of a coin, and folds up into a very small package of a centimeter tall. This means you can leave it underneath your keyboard for quick transportation.
- The tripod is lightweight, weighing a mere 68 grams;
- Using the 1/4" screw, it'll fit the tenting puck and most cameras and camera accessories;
- Without using other accessories, you can achieve a maximum tenting angle of 34°. On the Kyria, the maximum angle is 25°, because the outer column touches the desk surface before it hits a tripod leg. The smaller the keyboard, the more of an angle you can achieve;
- The tripod adds 10mm in height when folded. Furthermore, it's 82mm in width by 52mm in length;
- When unfolded, the height depends on the angle you put it at. Its maximum height is 40mm when unfolded with all legs angled at 90°;
- The tripod is rated for a maximum weight of 1.5kg, making it very sturdy for keyboard use.
- Read What are tenting and tilting? to learn what tenting and tilting are, along with examples on how to achieve tenting and tilting.
Camera accessories are very extendable because of the standard 1/4" mounting screw. To extend the tenting angle, you can add an accessory like the Manfrotto Mini Aluminium Ball Head (product code MHMINIBALL), which is available at various photography retailers.
While we sell the tripod as an accessory for the tenting puck, it can be used as a high-quality tripod for cameras as well. Mind that with it being rated for a maximum weight of 1.5kg, it will not be suitable for use with semi-professional and professional camera gear, but it'll be excellent for smartphone mounts and pocket format cameras and even entry-level DLSR's with standard kit lenses. Manfrotto gives these requirements:
- Maximum Body weights of 800g/1.7lbs;
- Maximum 85mm Focal Length (standard non-professional lens);
- Maximum total payload 1.5kg/ 3.3 lbs.
If you want to adapt your keyboard to fit the puck or the tripod, keep in mind that you'll want to keep the mounting point near the center of gravity to provide for an even and stable experience.