Gazzew Boba U4 Silent Tactile Switch
This item, or one of its options, is currently out of stock. If the "Add to cart" button is visible, then the option you've selected is in stock and will ship as usual!
Want to get a notification when a specific product you want is back in stock? Click on the "Notify when available" button to be the first to know!
The renowned switch designer Gazzew has worked in tandem with Outemu to produce perhaps his best switch yet: the Boba U4. Tactile, yet silent, this is an ideal switch for those who like to feel their switches actuate while not being a nuisance to their (or others') ears.
What's in a name? U4 is short for Euphoria, which you'll for sure experience on these switches. If you're one to lube your switches - be sure to give these a try unlubed first, as I've been told they feel great fresh from the factory already. Enjoy!
You can purchase these switches per 10, or in a convenient bundle. Purchasing switches in a bundle will be more affordable than buying them per 10:
- 200 - for multiple keyboards;
- 110 - for a full size keyboard;
- 90 - for a tenkeyless keyboard;
- 70 - for a 65% keyboard;
- 50 - for a 40% keyboard (like the Kyria or Planck).
- Available in two weights: 62g and 68g;
- Available in two switch tops: Boba, which matches the base housing, and Clear, which is more suited to keyboard builds featuring per-key RGB switches;
- U4 Silent Tactile "D" stem: no pretravel, all bump, no post bump travel;
- Very smooth feel, removing the need to lube the switch (if you insist, do try them without lube first);
- Reduced leaf ping due to metal composition and newly designed base along with factory lubed spring bottoms and leafs (the slide rails are not lubed);
- Five pin housing allows for more stable seating on PCBs;
- Universal base with RGB slot, compatible with all LED styles;
- Compatible with hotswap sockets such as 7305 Mill Max sockets, Kailh and Gateron MX sockets, and Outemu-only sockets;
- Korean stainless steel springs for a long lasting, consistent weight.
- ThereminGoat has reviewed this switch extensively and has rated it with a score of 85/100.
For Gazzew silent switches, there should be no noticeable difference in sound and feel between the color matched top and the clear top, as the down- and upstrokes will be dampened. In non-silent switches this is different, where the down- and upstrokes would make a different sound when typing.