Gazzew Boba U4 Silent Tactile Switch
The renowned switch designer Gazzew has worked in tandem with Outemu to produce perhaps his best switch yet: the Boba U4. Tactile, yet silent, this is an ideal switch for those who like to feel their switches actuate while not being a nuisance to their (or others') ears.
What's in a name? U4 is short for Euphoria, which you'll for sure experience on these switches. If you're one to lube your switches - be sure to give these a try unlubed first, as I've been told they feel great fresh from the factory already. Enjoy!
- Available in three weights: 62g, 65g and 68g;
- Available in two switch tops: Boba, which matches the base housing, and Clear, which is more suited to keyboard builds featuring per-key RGB switches;
- U4 Silent Tactile "D" stem: no pretravel, all bump, no post bump travel;
- Very smooth feel, removing the need to lube the switch (if you insist, do try them without lube first);
- Reduced leaf ping due to metal composition and newly designed base along with factory lubed spring bottoms and leafs (the slide rails are not lubed);
- Five pin housing allows for more stable seating on PCBs;
- Universal base with RGB slot, compatible with all LED styles;
- Compatible with hotswap sockets such as 7305 Mill Max sockets, Kailh and Gateron MX sockets, and Outemu-only sockets;
- Korean stainless steel springs for a long lasting, consistent weight.
- ThereminGoat has reviewed this switch extensively and has rated it with a score of 85/100.
For Gazzew silent switches, there should be no noticeable difference in sound and feel between the color matched top and the clear top, as the down- and upstrokes will be dampened. In non-silent switches this is different, where the down- and upstrokes would make a different sound when typing.
Using EVA foam in your keyboard, or storing foam near your switches? Beware: EVA foam can cause discoloration. It will not impact functionality or the life of the switch. Read more: EVA Keyboard Foam and Safety.