Gazzew U4Tx Thocky Tactile Switch
U4T switches are the thocky version of the universally loved U4 switch by Gazzew: in contrast to the dampened sound of the U4 switches, these will make a satisfying audible thock on every keypress.
Compared to the original U4T, the U4Tx has silent rails which dampen the upstroke, so only the bottoming out will make sound. These new switches are also made with a new material, which isn't prone to discoloration from using EVA foam with your keyboard, yet retains the feel of the original.
What's in a name? U4 is short for Euphoria, which you'll for sure experience on these switches. If you're one to lube your switches - be sure to give these a try unlubed first, as I've been told they feel great fresh from the factory already. Enjoy!
- Available in one weight: 65g;
- U4 Tactile "D" stem: no pretravel, all bump, no post bump travel. Has the same bump profile as the U4T;
- A familiar audible feedback due to a modified switch stem;
- Very smooth feel, removing the need to lube the switch (if you insist, do try them without lube first);
- Reduced leaf ping due to metal composition and newly designed base along with factory lubed leafs (the slide rails are not lubed);
- Five pin housing allows for more stable seating on PCBs;
- Universal base with RGB slot, compatible with all LED styles;
- Compatible with hotswap sockets such as 7305 Mill Max sockets, Kailh and Gateron MX sockets, and Outemu-only sockets;
- Korean stainless steel springs for a long lasting, consistent weight.